Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Episode 33: Cash shares history and Matzah, Spa kills then spills, Cruz and Scarlett Johansson play with Five Fingers!!!

It is Tuesday 4.19.11 and Mr X is away on vacation.  Its Cash's turn and he brought traditional Jewish food from Passover for our office lunch:
  1.  Brisket (Beef cooked slowly with onions and stew)
  2.  Kugel (Made with egg noodles)
  3.  Matzah (Leavened bread) 
  4.  Butter
  5.  Macaroons (from William Greenberg Bakery-Upper East Side, NY)
We started our office lunch around 12:10pm.  Cash enlightened both Spa and me with Jewish history.  From start to where Moses parts the Red Sea.  It was very enlightening and we realized how similar this one story was among the 3 big world religions.  
  
Then (without much thought) I asked where brisket comes from in a cow.  Spa looked horrified but Cash explained that its a certain part of cow slow cooked in stew which makes it tender etc.  Late in the day I got an e-mail from Spa with a wikipedia link.  Ahhhhh so this is where Brisket comes from (only 4 feet away from Fillet Mignon)
Since Mr X was away and Maddy the motivational Speaker couldn't make the SLAW, we enjoyed our Macaroons. No fruits or health talk today but I did share a tip on tightening up before a special event.  Two days before a beach day or a date, go on a Sweet potato only diet.  It acts as a sponge and absorbs all water.... yup this according to our Health Bible, US Weekly.
Spa Kills the Pitmaster Its over folks.  No more Pit, No more master.  Just some memories about BBQ talk and the Cosby Show. (Editor's Note: I am sorry but I can't give out any more details on the PitMaster, his connection to Spa or to SLAW)
The Beautiful Scarlett Johansson At this point I decided to show off.  I  took out US Weekly magazine to show Cash and Spa that Scarlett Johansson and I share a fashion trend (yup let that name sink in, very cool... I know). The uber trendy Vibram FiveFinger Shoes. She is jogging in LA, I am hanging out in Key West, just a matter of time now. Scarlett Johannson Cruz.  Just perfect :D
As I put the magazine on the floor to continue with Cash's Kugel and Matzah, Spa very carefully spilled her seltzer on the magazine and the carpet thus shattering my dreamy state of mind. That's me holding my still unread but very wet copy of US Weekly and Spa cleaning Cash's Office carpet with Seltzer water.
 - Cruz 
Share | Eat | Enjoy
SLAW Weekly Blog's Editor at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment