Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Episode 4: Attack of the Kababs


Cruz here.  It was my turn to feed the hungry and hard working. What else but to start the SLAW experience with come home-made Shammi Kababs.  Little did I remember that they can pack a punch for first time munchers... taste|smell|texture everything...
(Also not sure if its a good punch or bad)

Being very honest, the concept of SLAW is amazing ........ only if its not your day. 

EXPERIENCE: WHATS IT LIKE
Since it was my day today, doing SLAW is a nightmare.  Pure pressure, its like Borat doing Disco Dancing in my stomach.  I recall Spa getting covered in Peanut Butter yesterday... By the time I was done preparing lunch, Chutney was everywhere and my office smelled like Garlic.

Prep: 11:40am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm - 12:30pm

I brought:
  1. Shammi Kabab Sandwiches (ground beef cooked with Lentils, then pureed and mixed with egg, spices, onion and green peppers, fried)
  2. Samosas (from an indian store, fried potato things)
  3. Cape Cod Potato Chips
  4. Homemade delicious Muffins (Courtesy of Cash's wife)










The Topic
What is the wildest hairdo anyone of us ever had? (From Cash)
Cash - Shoulder length hair ( I am imagining something like Fabio at this point)  
Spa - Really short hair, maybe 5-6 inches ( And all I could think of was Natalie Portman when she shaved her head)  
Mr. X - A Mohawk.  A real 80's Mohawk.  (But no leather pants) 
Cruz - Tried to grow them long (think Fabio) but hair kept going up and up. (Although I am imagining myself as a Gucci model)

EDITOR"S NOTE: IMAGES ONLY REFLECT CRUZ'S IMAGINATION AT A MOMENT IN TIME

Then we got distracted and talked about a million other things including the
infamous Onion Story from 2007.
That I will cover later in the onion blog.

Editor's Note 11.25.10: Mr X shared what his hair actually might have looked like instead of the pink haired girl above that I imagined...

1 comment:

  1. What we have discovered is that Cruz tells us something has no spice when for the normal person it is Hot (although not sweat inducing) - he must think everything we serve is bland. But we are giving him new experiences - PB&J, meatloaf and I expect today's dish will be another first for him. Also of note, Spa was not pleased with my comments yesterday but if you can't take the heat don't lick the spoon. - Cash

    ReplyDelete