Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Episode 11: (Hot one) Cruz gets a flash dance lesson & introduces Biryani # 2.

(This blog post was written while commuting back home on NYC Subways - 1st mobile SLAW blogging)
As we experiment and see what others like or don't like, I think we are all feeling a bit more comfortable week by week.
"SLAW is getting easier" - Cruz I kept the meal under wraps... Spa asked me this morning whether I brought Biryani and I lied naturally.
I brought:
1. Bombay Keema Biryani (basmati rice, spices, ground beef and potatoes)
2. Cucumber Raita (Yogurt dressing)
3. Chips (Popchips and UTZ)
4. Ritter Sport Alpine Milk Chocolate
Besides the plum pit issue that Cash experienced (and the spices) this was a filling delicious meal. (my biased opinion)


SLAW Started 12:20pm and we were cleaning up at 12:55pm.  
Movies, 80's movies was the discussion of the day.  I asked "what is Flashdance, everyone gasped and then went into 20 min demonstration of all 80's dance classics including Flash Dance, Dirty Dancing, John Cusack's early 80's movies and others..

Hungry Eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKUTOLSeMM
Maniac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vx4J_NtNPk
For Mr X Followers: He had a very healthy meal of Pineapple Cottage Cheese and walked down memory lane listening to 80's...  That's why I call him the "Smart one"

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that the Pakistani people eat every meal with American potato chips (which I did not eat any - keeping it real here). Cruz's youth is certainly coming through - never heard of Dirty Dancing, Flashdance or Footloose (don't put Spa in the corner). By popular vote we have decided that lunch and a movie starts next week when we will have 3 days to watch and discuss a movie while eating lunch - open to suggestions. Oh by the way, Cruz also not aware of John Cusack's younger work. We did enjoy our Pakistani starch and spice meal - I did have to use a lot of the cucumber sauce but had two full plates - as Spa would say Mmmhchhchhmmm. - Cash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really all Pakistani people, its just Cruz who loves his Potato Chips with everything, especially for breakfast - Cruz

    ReplyDelete