Saturday, September 24, 2011

Episode 44: SLAW comes back with Biryani and a lesson on Murga Punishment from South East Asia

By CRUZ | EDITOR in CHIEF
Published: September 23rd, 2011
Sorry for not posting any new blogs. It has been 2 months and I am happy to report that Project SLAW is still on.  
Team SLAW met on Tuesday September 6th and it was my turn.  It had been a while so I brought in some Paki comfort food, yup Beef Biryani (Layered Spicy Basmati Rice with Potatoes and beef) with the usual side of cucumber yogurt.  Since its been couple of weeks, I hardly remember what we talked about.  Mr X had a day off which I didn't realize so I had brought his portion. Oh well, more for me.  Besides Biryani I brought Gulab Jaman, a deep-fried ball of flour and sugar/honey and Halwa for dessert.
Spa was excited about her upcoming trip to Paris and Morocco, Cash was cash and I explained to them about a punishment that most people who grew up in South East Asia receives some time during their lives.  Its called "Murga" position which literally translate to the rooster position.  If you get caught doing anything you are not supposed to like talking in class, or breaking a traffic rule, well you are bound to be converted into a Murga for atleast 10-15 minutes if not half hour.  Both Spa and Cash were fascinated.  Wikipedia has an entry on it as well.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murga_punishment 
Spa even attempted to try it but couldn't really make her arms go under her legs and bring them up to her ears. Enjoy the pictures. :) 

1 comment:

  1. where are Spa's picture of murgha punishment :p

    did anyone of u, showed her the demonstration of becoming murgha first :p.

    ReplyDelete