Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Episode 20: Cruz brings Curry in a Hurry and Cash can use some more spice


Tuesday 12.20.10 and Mr X took a planned day off while Spa is out as well.  I showed up to work with just 2 thick slices of Banana Bread (Compliments of my Sister in LAW)
I decided to bring some Bangladeshi cuisine so went down to Curry in a Hurry, Lex and 23rd.  Trip didn't take too long but it ate most of my lunch time...
Left work: 11:35 and got back in the building 12:29.  Not much time left to eat but we made it work. (and yes I looked at my watch the constantly)
I brought/bought:
1.  Beef Kabab Rolls
2.  Vegetable Samosa
3.  A variety of dressings (Plum Sweet, Toxic green mint and Spiced yogurt)
4.  Homemade Banana Bread
5.  Diet Coke (Broke rule of no beverages but Cash didn't raise any objections)
Here are some pics of the place.  The kabab rolls are made by putting Beef (Seekh or Shish) kababs on a metal rod, than wrapping dough on them, the whole thing then goes into a brick oven- aka Tandoor (in this case a metal one) See picture below.  The guy then dipped the rolls in melted butter...

Curry in a Hurry is located on 23rd and Lex.  (my old college hangout joint for good food fast)
 

SLAW was very quick, food was OK kinda bland (not spicy enough for me or Cash) but I loved the Banana Bread ;)
(Hint to Sis inLAW: Send some more baked goodies anytime you want to)

Tomorrow, whole crew is back.  It will be nice to SLAW with Mr X, Cash, Spa again in one room and see what exciting stories Mr X and Spa bring from their holiday (mini) vacations.

- Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment