Saturday, September 24, 2011

Episode 45: The un-official weekly SLAW introduces SLAW Art Lectures

By CRUZ | EDITOR in CHIEF
Published: September 23rd, 2011

I accidentally stumbled into SLAW area during lunch hour one day and saw Cash, Spa and Mr X watching Art Lectures while eating lunch.  Then I find out that they have been doing this for a while and were already on lecture 5.  
WHAT!!!
I know I have been busy at work and not much time to take lunches but I missed out on four excellent office lunches and some interesting lectures.  Not to forget all the comments they probably made during those lectures.  The fun stuff!!!
On Friday September 16th, I had a 50 minute break between meetings so I went out with Spa and Cash to EAT on upper east side.  We all got soups (perfect for a rainy cloudy NYC day) and headed back to office. 
Cash called Mr X to join and we started our first lecture. Today's lecture was Lecture # 5: Ancient Near East and Islamic Art.  The lectures are 1/2 hour each which is perfect for work lunch and are available on DVD under series title Museum Masterpieces.  Professor Richard Brettel picks a few art object from a specific period and shares some key facts and observations.  I found this interesting and educational.
Since this is a blog about office lunch I will mention that soups from EAT although expensive ($9 for a pint) were very good. That didn't stop me from eyeing Mr X's leftover lunch which looked pretty good. http://www.elizabar.com/-C25.aspx
The lecture was interesting but some of us started to do other things towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment