Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Episode 37: Mrs Cash Taco Salad A HIT, Spa Compares Rice to Donuts, Mr X Posts Mr Weiner.


By CRUZ | EDITOR in CHIEF
Published: June 7th , 2011
SLAW started with one thing in mind. Healthy eating.  Seems like everytime we have our shared office lunch, Team SLAW kicks it up a notch.  For the past 2 weeks spa has been super good, keeping Carbs away from her and eating good.  I witness one such lunch event last week when i saw her having a Cottage Cheese and Peach lunch.

Based on no rice or pasta rule, Cash brought a lovely make your own
-  Taco Salad with Beef
-  Lettuce
-  Shredded Cheese
-  Cheesecake factory Ranch Dressing
-  Salsa
-  XOchitl White Corn Organic Chips
-  Onions, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives. (Thank you Mrs Cash for the onions, CRUZ-BIG FAN)
-  Home Made Fudge Brownies (Extra were sent for Me and my Family, Take note MrX and Spa, take lots of notes)
When I got to SLAW Table, Cash was busy prepping everyone's Salad.  Pictures below show him working on his masterpiece. Then everyone got to customize their own lunch with toppings.  It was actually fun to see how  we all created our salads differently.
SLAW highly recommends XOCHITL whote Corn Organic chips. and that Cheesecake ranch dressing. Yum.
 
Lunching while we have the NO RICE NO PASTA sign overlooking SLAW for any outlaws.  There was no sign of rice or pasta anywhere but we were still surrounded by large amounts of cream.
 
Here is a picture of everyone's plate.  I think mine looks the best although Mr X decided to create a sculpture, Cash layered it for maximum effect and SPA, well she was half done by the time I took the picture.
 
 

Our dessert started with delicious home made brownies and we were glad that they were neatly wrapped.  If they were open, I doubt I would be able to take couple of them home for my mom.  We had to so we did brought up Anthony Weiner in our office lunch.  Overall discussion was around why would someone at that position do something like this.
Mr X ran and got his NY Post and we all had a nice time reading some of the editorial and article headlines.  Then we started talking about food and carbs.  Mr x wondered if we can allow rice at SLAW again and Spa compared white rice to deep fried donuts. 
Just like our last SLAW nothing says THANK YOU CHEF (in this case Mrs CASH) like a picture of empty containers and wanting more.  I was pretty full by the end but as I write this post 8 hours after lunch,
I wish...
I had a plate of taco Salad in front of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment